Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Today I Started a Fundraising Webpage

Well, the good news is that my daughter will be able to get her eye surgery next week thanks to a very generous member of our family who offered to loan us part of the money.  The bad news is that we still have a long way to go to raise it.  So far we have a total of $136 ($86 from my savings account and $50 from a cleaning job), so we're well on our way.

I just recently came across a website called raiseitnow.com, which is a secure website where you can promote the cause you're trying to raise money for, and people can donate via paypal with a credit or debit card.  The website itself charges 8% of what is raised, but it's a great way to get the word out about your cause to other people such as family and friends on the other side of the country or just a random stranger with a giving heart.  I have not raised any money yet, but I am hopeful, and I have told my facebook friends about it.  God has a way of blessing us at the most unexpected time, so I am confident that He will meet my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment