Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Today I Took a Trip to the Discount Bread Store

Ok, so my aunt had been telling me about this discount bread store and bakery for quite a while, so I finally went to see what the big deal was.  Let me tell you, it was love at first sight!

The particular bread store I went to had high quality, super healthy bread that had just barely hit the expiration date for FIFTY CENTS A LOAF!!  Most bread products you can't get in the grocery store for less than a dollar, and that's for the store brand, higher-in-fat and lower-in-nutrient stuff.  My bread store carries sandwich bread, hamburger and hot dog buns, english muffins, bagels, and sandwich rounds, as well as discount bakery goods, jams, and instant soup and gravy mixes.

I would definitely say that this is a good deal, especially if your family, like mine, eats a lot of bread products.  My aunt buys several loaves at a time and freezes them.  I go once a week when they have fifty-cent bread day.  Today, I bought a loaf of whole grain bread, whole wheat english muffins, whole grain sandwich rounds, whole wheat buns, a package of pecan wheels, a box of mini-muffins, and a yummy cherry pie all for under $6.00.  All the bread products were Nature's Own, which I think is probably at least $1.50 in the grocery store, which would mean I saved $4.00 (at least) on this trip.  I usually buy enough to last me about a week, and none of it has gone bad on me yet.

If there is a discount bakery and bread store in your area, I would definitely give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment