Thursday, November 4, 2010

Today I Ate Like a College Student (or a First Grader)

Now that I have all this bread from the bread store, I decided to put it to good use by packing peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for my lunch today.  These things are not just for a child's lunchbox.  What I like about them is that they are very filling because there's protein in the peanut butter and fiber in the bread (the jelly makes it taste sweet).  You can buy these ingredients for under five dollars (less than one lunch out), and they will make several meals.  I forgot how much I love PB&J, and my daughter loves it too.  Other discount foods are ramen (hello, fifteen cents a pack!!), oatmeal (very filling), and eggs (really good with cheese, or slap it on some of the fiber-rich bread).  These are just a few ideas, and I'm sure the internet will have many more.  Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment